Monday, October 11, 2004

"Tight Connection To My Heart"

I am still without internet. And get this--it's not something on the school's end for once.

Apparently when they took the server down for maintenance, it did something wonky to my computer, because now said machine will not connect to the LAN. After half an hour to an hour on the phone with the folks over at IT, they were only able to conclude that I needed to bring my computer to them to let them look at it.

Now, that's all well and good for them to say, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass hauling my computer halfway across campus. To say that I'm not looking forward to the prospect is to put it lightly.

The potentially frustrating part of all this is that I expect what they'll do when I arrive is switch out the network cards. This is frustrating because that's something I can do myself without having to unplug everything and carry my computer all over Norman. And I know I won't charge me labor to do it.

Of course, if that's not the problem, I have no idea what's gone wrong or how to fix it. Bleh.

But the computer stuff has just added to the length of the day. I didn't get much sleep last night, mostly of my own volition (I stayed up chatting with Ev until entirely too damn early instead of getting a full night's sleep), struggled with the computer, and now I'm at work. Bollucks to work, I say.

Anyway, it's been kinda blah all day. I've been trying to find a birthday present for a friend of mine (who turns 22 Saturday, I believe), and had absolutely no luck. She's hard to shop for, 'cause I don't get to talk with her much, and then it's usually the two of us taking turns complaining about life. Hopefully I can find something in the next few days.

On the positive side, I finally made some headway in Skies of Arcadia. I got stuck a couple of weeks ago against a rather tough boss battle, and finally managed to squeak my way through it. Man, some of the boss fights in that game are tough, mostly because they take so long, the enemies hit really freakin' hard, and you often don't have time to save/heal/prepare in between a couple of tough battles. Ugh.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Old 97's, "Smokers"

No comments: