Wednesday, October 06, 2004

"This Should Cheer You Up For Sure"

So the previous post originally started out having some sort of point or meaning to it, but that quickly got lost as I got distracted while I was sitting at work. I get distracted easily--looking up websites, checking my email, answering the constantly-ringing phone, and watching particles of dust float through the air. Regardless, the meaning got lost somewhere in the translation, I guess, but that's a common problem when you're dealing with me.

It really gets back to what I was attempting to say--things that we think are important at the moment are probably not really what is truly important, but importance is really a function of perspective, so it doesn't matter all that much. Taken from the long view, anything that occurs in our life, anything that we take for granted or assume is important, is ultimately viewed from a point in time far removed from the actually event or the importance of the event, so we are always doing sketches from memory. Or something like that.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: David Bowie, "Young American"

No comments: