Sunday, October 24, 2004

"Even Richard Nixon Has Got Soul"

Just got back from Shawnee and a good meal. The trip was very rushed--I arrived a little after 11.00 this morning, dad and I went to look at cars for Clif (didn't find much, 'cause Clif is picky as all hell about this vehicle thing), and then went and ate. After we ate, I hopped back in the car and drove back to Norman, and now I'm at work. Wooo.

On the positive side of things, I did get fed well, and my cousin's daughter recognizes me again and doesn't cry just because I'm there. Heck, even got the kid to smile at me once or twice.

When I arrived at work, the door to the Writing Center was standing wide open. I heard in the room next door the voice of one of my boss's superiors, a man none of us can stand. I think he was showing a couple of people around the academic services center, and decided to show them our Writing Center (even though no one was here, the door was shut and locked, and the lights were turned out). The fact that he left the door open and the lights on after he left rather annoys me. I may have to talk with my boss about this.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Neil Young, "Campaigner"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I can hear you now, your tone of voice and everything. Creepy.


Mel

Chuck Cottrell said...

Admittedly, there's only so much I can do, since the guy who did this is my boss's boss. I'm kinda limited in just how much of a fuss I can make, really.

But oh, if I weren't non-confrontational, I'd make so much noise...