Monday, November 01, 2004

"Eden Is Burning"

It's been a productive morning. Got up this morning, thinking I was actually running late, only to discover that (genius that I am) I'd set my alarm but not set my clock back so that it actually displayed the correct time. So, while the clock said I was waking up at 7.30, it was really only 6.30 when I got up. So I had a good hour to kill after I showered and got ready, and decided to use part of that to go have some breakfast at Braum's. I'd been craving biscuits and gravy since last night, when Ev and Vicki and I were discussing southern food at work, so I decided to go have some.

My craving sated, I went off to class. At the end of class, Dr. Magnusson said we weren't meeting tonight. What she said was "no class on Wednesday." What I heard was "Chuck, you can sleep in on Wednesday."

Anyway, after class, I went to pay rent (and a bit of tuition...only $225 left on that!), and then went over to the library to discuss that $500 "lost book" fee they'd slapped on my account. That'll disappear once I've got all the books returned to them (they aren't really lost, per se, simply waaaaay overdue, 'cause I have a poor sense of time and keep forgetting to take the books back).

So yeah, I was productive. Scary. For my next trick, I'll actually get off my ass and do the last bit of work on my Master's Thesis...maybe.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Coldplay, "Clocks"

No comments: