Saturday, November 20, 2004

"My Baby Loves A Bunch Of Authors"

So I spent a good part of the afternoon in the library, digging through history journals and looking for my last few sources. The results were rewarding--I think I've got all the journal articles I need to finish up the Thesis. I'm going to spend all day tomorrow working on this thing, and hopefully get the last draft done and sent off to my advisor. If that is the case, expect some sort of celebratory post here to commemorate me getting off my ass and getting something accomplished for once.

I do feel revitalized over the last couple of days, though. I'm not sure what to attribute it to--panic at the realization that the semester is almost over, a sudden sense of what I need and want, or something else. I actually think it has something to do with running--I've been running again the past couple of days. I hurt like hell, and I don't go very far or very fast, but there's a certain...rejuvenation in the act. There's a sense of renewed purpose. And that sense means that I'm ready to get done what needs to be done, finally. I mean, it's only taken me two semesters longer to finish this damn Master's degree than I originally said it would.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Pearl Jam, "Wishlist"

No comments: