Sunday, November 21, 2004

"Ticking Away The Moments That Make Up A Dull Day"

So I fully intended to use all of today to research and work on the Master's Thesis.

Then a series of students decided that that wouldn't be any fun, and brought in papers for me to look at instead. Stupid work--always getting in the way of me doing what needs to be done.

What I don't understand is this--for most of the semester, I've done jack squat. I've sat here most Sunday afternoons playing Gameboy or re-reading a Terry Pratchett novel for the umpteenth time. No one comes in. Not a single soul.

But today, the day when I need time to myself to get my stuff done, to do important work, they crawl out of the friggin' woodwork, clamoring for help and aid. It's uncanny and bizzare and other interesting and highly descriptive words.

Anyway, I'm off to try and get at least a few of these articles perused before I have to work again. Who knows--maybe I can at least get all the last research stuff out of the way today and do all the writing tomorrow.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Pearl Jam, "State of Love and Trust"

No comments: