Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"Life, In A Nutshell"

Ever get the feeling the life you're living is scripted from beginning to end, as though all of your actions are predetermined and preordained? That, no matter how hard you try, you are stuck in a rut, in a series of moments you cannot escape? Ever feel like your routine has become something far deeper, something far more sinister and mundane, that the needle has hit a skip on the record and it's going to take a major thump to get the needle to jump the groove and continue playing the song all the way through?

I want to live life unscripted. I don't want to know that tomorrow is going to follow much the same way yesterday did or today is. I don't want this rut. I want to break out of the mold I've placed myself in, kick the dust from these tired bones, and get on with things. I want to take charge of my life again.

My complaints in this area are becoming repetative. I think this is a sign that I've finally gotten tired enough of being where I am in things that I'll kick myself in the ass and get started on what's important again. I only hope I haven't waited too late to get back into it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Peter Gabriel, "Mercy Street"

No comments: