Monday, November 15, 2004

"Have You Ever Seen The Rain?"

Today was laundry day, mostly because I pulled on my last pair of clean pants and last clean shirt this morning after getting back from class (it rained on me on the way back from class, while I was on the bike, so I was a bit nasty). Of course, since today was laundry day, it decided to rain all the hours God sent us. It hasn't let up all day, and it's annoying me to no end.

Ah well, the laundry's done now...well, half of it. Still have lights and underwear, but I'm not made of money, y'know.

I really don't mind the rain, usually. I like watching it fall, I like listening to the low rumble of thunder, I love seeing the brilliant flash of lightning light up my room at night. I don't like having to run around doing stuff in the rain, though. I especially don't like it when my primary mode of transportation (the bike) isn't something I want to take out into the rain, my secondary mode of transportation (my feet) still won't keep my dry, and the tertiary mode of transportation (the car) isn't really viable because I don't have a parking permit ('cause I didn't feel like paying $175 for the opportunity to fight for a parking spot).

And it's supposed to be like this all week. I wonder if I can just call in sick to life until Thanksgiving.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Who, "Love Reign Over Me"

No comments: