Monday, November 08, 2004

"Open Up The Window And Let Me Breathe"

So my apartment is becoming overrun. Overrun by what, you ask? By Huns? The Visigoths, perhaps? Vikings, maybe, or even the British? No, ladybugs. Freakin' ladybugs.

It happens every fall. There's a gap under my window unit air conditioner, and bugs sorta sneak in under that gap. Well, when I saw the ladybugs on the ceiling, I decided it was time to take action. I have a length of foam padding/insulation for just this purpose, so I crammed some of it under the air conditioner and stopped up the gap and shuttled the ladybugs out of the apartment (without killing them, I might add).

Of course, I found more ladybugs after I'd done that than before. Go figure.

I'm exceptionally tired this evening, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I mean, sure, I had to get up early this morning, but I was asleep last night by 1.00 (which is early for me) and I took a two or three hour nap this afternoon. Bizzare.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Van Morrison, "Little Red Sports Car"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

Heh, I feel your pain, man. I actually filled up the vacuum's...I dunno, it's bagless, so whatever stuff goes into instead of bags...with them.

That's right, Mr. Greenpeace. I killed the mofos. Die! Die! DIE!!!

...Sorry. Anyway, when I got home yesterday afternoon, they were swarmed all over the car port and inside, as well. On the ceiling...the walls...all by the door we don't use...EVERYWHERE.

And they died well-deserved deaths.