Monday, November 01, 2004

"The Very First Song That The Radio Sang"

So I should really learn to keep my mouth shut, because Murphy's Law just seems to get a kick out of proving me wrong and stuff.

I was sitting here at work, 'round about 7.30, and it was pretty quiet in the Writing Center. We'd had a couple of people come in to have papers proofread, but for the most part I'd been left to reading manga and playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (yes, I've started playing that freakin' addictive game again. Curse you, Square-Enix!). I quipped to my coworkers that it was just so busy, I didn't know how we were gonna be able to keep up. We laughed.

I just now finally have time to sit still, and it's two hours later. Not five minutes after I made my remark, we were swamped. We remained swamped. There are still some people in here, but we've had a chance to relax some finally and we're not all trying to help two or three people at once.

It's like reality likes taking what I say or do and just tossing it back at me to see how I react. Well, up yours, reality.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Dum"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Heh...yah..you're having so many dates, I wonder how you'll ever have any free time.

...Anything?

Sorry. Thought it was worth a shot.

Chuck Cottrell said...

If only it worked that way. I think it only works with stuff I don't want happening.

Noise Monkey said...

I said "doughnuts"!


This is gonna be awesome!