Thursday, November 18, 2004

"I've Just Seen A Face"

So today was a busy, exhausting, and ultimately rather rewarding day. Work this morning (and work again right now...at least I'm getting paid), a run earlier this afternoon (for the first time in...um...too long), and other things, which shall be recounted herein.

First and foremost, got a visit at work from the Hot Spanish Golfer Chick this morning. She needed help with a paper in the ol' Chicago Manual Style (i.e., footnotes), and since apparently I'm the only one with even a passing acquaintance with that method, I get all of the Chicago Style papers. Granted, it didn't bother me in this instance, 'cause HSGC is real easy on the eyes and ears, man.

Anyway, after I got home from work and had a bite to eat, I chatted with Adam for a minute. He's decided to make Troubled Times full color for Chapter 3. He asked me if I was okay with this, to which I replied, "Um, why wouldn't I be?" I mean, I don't care if he does it in color or grayscale. Whatever he's comfortable with doing, whatever he thinks he has time to do. Besides, it's not like he ever asks my opinion on other stuff, such as cutting chunks of the script without warning (though really it worked to the comic's benefit, since I was a little dialogue-heavy in the first two chapters. Damn exposition).

After chatting with Adam, I happened to get online and notice an old friend from Ozarks, Karra, was on. I haven't had the chance to talk with her much since I left Ozarks, and this fact saddens me greatly. Anyway, she and I had a good conversation, got caught up a bit, and generally had a good afternoon. Hopefully it won't be months and months before we get to speak again.

Then I decided to go for a jog. I mean, I've got that thrice-damned Thanksgiving Day Race coming up a week from today, I haven't run in about a month (at least), and it finally quit raining long enough for me to go run. So I did. Got in about a mile, which is better than I expected to do (and considering that the race I'll be running is a one miler, that's a good thing). It felt good to run again, even if it hurt like hell and I'm still sore all over. It's a good kind of sore.

It's funny, but running sorta re-energized me, in a way. I feel like a very different person than the one who woke up this morning. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. Maybe with getting my exercise back on track, I can get everything else up and running (no pun intended) again. Here's hoping.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Baby's in Black"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Feh, REAL men go from no running to 4 miles of running in one day.

No...wait...that's real idiots. My mistake.

(Actually, my mistake was letting my roommate, back in Colorado, talk me into that particular run...)

Chuck Cottrell said...

My first Christmas at OU, we were up at my grandparents' place for New Year's. This was back when I could still run three or four miles without a problem, so Clif and I went out to run...four miles...the weather was about 30 degrees, snow and ice everywhere, terrible wind. Come to think of it, I really haven't run much with Clif since that four mile run up hills and dodging traffic in Ponca City.