Friday, December 10, 2004

"What Good Am I If I Know And Don't Do"

Got a little thank you card in the mail this afternoon from Sarah Devries nee Rosenberg, thanking me for coming to the wedding back at the end of October. Gave me warm fuzzies all over, and it did remind me how much fun I had on that trip...if only it hadn't been so short.

I went out and ran a few errands this afternoon, and when I returned a few minutes ago, I saw a small neighborhood child standing at my door. A little curious about this, I walked up and asked her if she needed something. Turns out she's selling candy canes in the neighborhood for some fundraiser-type thing. Well, being the sucker I am, I bought a candy cane at her ridiculously-inflated price (I mean, they sell those things for like a buck a box, and she was selling them fifty cents a piece. Understandably, of course--otherwise, she'd never make any money).

So it's been a good afternoon, all things told. Also got a copy of the Master's Thesis over to History Department for my file there, so that's taken care of. There's supposed to be a graduation ceremony with the Graduate College for this semester, but I've no idea when it is or anything. That's something to discover on Monday, though.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "What was it you Wanted?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Chuck, you're so nice to children!

Chuck Cottrell said...

It's a character flaw, I know.