Sunday, December 19, 2004

"They Call Me The Breeze"

So this weekend was pretty good. Friday was a little long--work and finishing my Medieval Italy paper in the morning, driving to Ponca City in the afternoon (during which I was rather drowsy), then a rather long family dinner (those things always are long, aren't they?), and I crashed at around 11.00 Friday night (which is damn early for me). Anyway, Saturday I woke up, had breakfast (tatter-tot casserole, which is mighty tasty...and I got the leftovers from it), filled up with gas, found Dad's Christmas present (finally), and then drove back to Norman. Got back, went to Ev's, and was at Ev's from around 2.00 until 8.30 or so, with a brief pause in there when I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of items (on a related note, the next time I decide it would be a good idea to go to Wal-Mart in the middle of the afternoon on the last Saturday before Christmas, would someone please sit on my head until the urge passes?). I crashed early on Saturday night, too (again at around 11.00 or so). Then I got up early this morning and came to work, where I've been since 9.00.

I mean, geez, that was an almost productive weekend, wasn't it? Getting things accomplished, going places, finding things, getting a decent amount of sleep...creepy.

Anyway, we're apparently open until 10.00 tonight (which I think is just a bit excessive...I mean, we've only had two students in all day, and we're not likely to get many more than that. After all, finals ended Friday, and most of the students should have (hopefully) already finished all their papers and stuff). God only knows what I'll do until then.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Jack Johnson, "Inaudible Melodies"

No comments: