Thursday, December 23, 2004

"Twenty-Third Of December, Covered In Snow"

Ah, got to use the Van Morrison quote today! Woo! It's from the song "I Want to Roo You (Scottish Derivative)," a bouncy and fun little tune off of Tupelo Honey (one of Van's best albums, hands down).

There's still a bit of snow on the ground outside, though it's mostly frozen over with a good layer of ice. But the ice really isn't much of a problem, because all the streets and such have been sanded and salted, so things are clear if a bit gritty.

No, the real trouble this morning was, first and foremost, dragging myself out of my warm bed. Then it was dragging myself out of the warm shower. Then it was dragging myself out of the warm apartment. Then it was dragging myself from the warmth of the convenience That's about the time I noticed a pattern. But I made it to work (despite the wind chill of 0 and the actual temperature of about 11), so no worries.

Now I just have to make it to the Administration building to get my paycheck and get back to the apartment after work. No rest for the weary, I guess.

I think I'm one of about four total people up in the Academic Services area this morning. I'm pretty certain those other three or so people are employees as well. Part of me really does wonder why I even bothered coming in this week. I mean, it's not like anyone would have noticed if I wasn't in here.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Pearl Jam, "Daughter"

No comments: