Friday, December 31, 2004

"At The Speedway At Nazareth I Made No Mistake"

So we've reached the fallows of the year, the tail end of 2004. I'm just glad to have reached this day in one piece and relatively healthy and sane (for a given value of "healthy" or "sane," mind you).

The notion of 2005 scares the hell out of me in a lot of ways. I have no idea what will become of me or where I'll be as the year progresses. I know I've said that in the past--hell, the past year seems like it shouldn't have happened, like I should have been somewhere else. I know I said several times "I don't know where I'll be come [fill in the blank month]." Admittedly, that's because I kept thinking I was about to graduate, but then I kept not graduating. Thing is, I have finished the Master's degree now, so that fear becomes just a little more real. I know I'll be in Norman until May, but after that, it's an unknown.

Of course, if I never get any of those damn grad school applications finished, I'll be going nowhere fast. Or slow. I'll be going nowhere, and not moving does not require a speed.

Well, happy end of the old year and beginning of the new, folks. Here's hoping 2005 is a good one.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Eagles, "Outlaw Man"

No comments: