Sunday, December 19, 2004

"I Remember Christmas In The Blistering Cold"

So I was at Best Buy picking up mom's Christmas present this evening, and I was standing at the checkout area waiting for the next available cashier like the sign says. Anyway, this guy walks up behind me, pauses for a second, and then says "excuse me." I let him pass, thinking he sees something he needs to look at or get at. Well, the jerk walked right up behind one of the people checking out and stood behind him to get checked out. I stand there for a second and mutter to myself, "I think that bastard just cut in front of me." There was a store employee crouched nearby, restocking batteries in a display next to the line. She hears me, looks up, giggles a bit, and then tells me to follow her. She proceeds to check me out, so I actually got done before the guy who cut in front of me.

This made me laugh.

Anyway, I've finished all of my family Christmas shopping. I still need to buy a few things for a couple of friends, but since I won't be able to give them their presents until after Christmas (and my next paycheck), those can wait.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Ryan Adams, "New York, New York"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The irony is delicious!

Noise Monkey said...

If you didn't get her number, I'm gonna have to kick you in the...

*kicks Chuck in the tender bits*

No need to finish that sentence...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, DID you get her number???

Mel

Chuck Cottrell said...

Folks, this is me we're talking about here. Of course not.

Though in hindsight, it might've been a good idea...