Friday, December 03, 2004

"All The Billion Other Moments"

Okay, so the Thesis Defense is set up for Thursday, December 9, at 3.00 pm. Apparently it'll run thusly: I'll arrive, meet in a room with the three members of my committee, and they'll ask me questions about the work I've done, how it fits into the broader historical context, and things of that nature. Some of the questions will be somewhat difficult, asking why I included certain stuff and not other stuff; some of the questions will be softballs, lobbed at me underhanded so I can hit them out of the proverbial park. Regardless, it'll take a little over an hour or so, and then I'll be done with that.

Anyway, I have to make the corrections my advisor and one of the other committee members want, so I know what I'll be doing at work tomorrow afternoon.

Ugh, I keep forgetting--I actually have to work from 2-10 tomorrow and Sunday. No break for Chuck. And I still need to go to the Graduate College on Monday, give them the final copy of the paper, and do all the necessary paperwork to actually get the Thesis done and stuff. And I still have that Medieval Italy paper hanging over my head. Eesh.

Sometimes, I think it'd be nice to be the sort of person who doesn't wait until the last minute to get things done. It'd be an interesting experience and a definite change of pace.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Mark Knopfler, "Prarie Wedding"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Back to work, slave!!!

Chuck Cottrell said...

Bite me. I'm a slacker.