Thursday, December 16, 2004

"Lift My Arms To Carry On"

So I just got back from seeing Team America: World Police with Jessica and Dominic. The movie made me giggle, and Dom said he liked it, but it was pretty obvious that Jess was not amused at all. I get the feeling that Dom (who picked out the flick) will have his movie-choosing rights revoked for this one.

All in all, I wasn't really all that impressed with the flick. It had some very amusing moments (most of the songs were great), but I got the feeling that they were trying to make a very profound statement with the movie and they forgot what that statement was...so they tried to say everything and mock everything. And that's worked in the past--look at South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, or Orgasmo (still one of the funniest and most offensive flicks ever). But this movie lack the heart of those two flicks. That sounds cheesy and cliche, but there's some truth to it.

So yeah, okay movie, glad I only paid $1.50 to see it, thought they could have done better. Though if nothing else, the puppet sex scene was a classic which shall live on in the annals of film history, and Matt Damon sitting there just saying his name over and over was great.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Godsmack, "Voodoo" (what the hell am I doing listening to modern rock? This doesn't seem natural!)

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

Headline:

Chuck Listens to Music From This Era - World Ending!


Anyway, the song is pretty cool...