Tuesday, December 14, 2004

"Tell Me Again, I Forgot"

Lord, I keep forgetting how much I hate early mornings. Dragging myself out of my warm bed to face the disturbingly cold morning today was a challenge, I'll admit. Yes, a hell of a challenge.

I finished reading Lamb last night, and I was really surprised at just how touching a novel it ended up being...I mean, for a book that contains the concept of a Jewish martial art called Jew-do.

So I was at Wal-Mart last night grabbing some needful things (food, bathroom tissue, The Big Lebowski--which was a great flick, by the way) and I saw a girl who looked startlingly like my dear friend Heather. Same facial features, though a bit shorter and with lighter-colored hair (very obviously not the girl's natural color, though). Perhaps the girl's face was a bit rounder, too, but the resemblence was very striking. So it got me thinking about Heather, and how I hadn't had a chance to talk to her since like August. So I called her up and we chatted for like two hours, and we decided there'd be serious repercussions on both sides if we didn't converse more often. Good times.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Shooting Star"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jew-do! That's so clever!

Jay said...

I hate early mornings too...so much so that I stayed in bed until 3:30 this afternoon, and even that was brutal.

J

Chuck Cottrell said...

I dream of the day when I can sleep until 3.30.

Actually, that's not quite accurate. I never sleep long enough to have such dreams. Rather, I daydream about sleeping that late. It's close enough, I guess.