Wednesday, December 22, 2004

"The Weather Outside Is Frightful"

Man, I wish it were tomorrow, mostly because there's a really appropriate Van Morrison quote I could use. Unfortunately, it's date-specific, so it's no good to me today.

Anyway, it's snowing like all hell outside. The ground was already covered when Clif and I woke up this morning, and the snow continues unabated. This wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for that pesky north wind that's blowing 20 miles per hour across the flat, barren landscape of Norman, OK. I think my eyebrows actually went numb on the walk to work a few minutes ago, and I know my goatee was icing over. That's a bizarre feeling, let me tell you.

So Clif is going to do some research this morning, and I'm going to work on grad school applications. This afternoon, I'm sending him home (since his truck won't handle frozen roads very well, and that's exactly what we'll have come nightfall) and I'm taking Jess & Dom to the airport so they can fly to Boston for the holidays. It's excitement and adventure all over!

~chuck

Song of the Moment: John Lennon, "Happy X-Mas (War is Over)"

No comments: