Thursday, December 02, 2004

"Sky Captain And The Master's Thesis Of Next Week"

So I went and saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow at the cheap theater. It was a tasty little confectionary of film homage. Very much a case of style over substance, but I really think now that it was meant as such. The movie was highly enjoyable and required no mental input from me, so it succeeded in offering me a chance to do something mindless for a couple of hours.

Speaking of mindless (and my reason for needing such a distraction), I got an email from my advisor this evening while I was out. The jist of the email is that he's read my latest draft, said there was great improvement, that the only changes which need to be made are stylistic or grammatical, and that we can make the 12/10 deadline.

To say that I'm extatic would be a gross understatement. To say that this is a huge, Atlas-gage weight off my shoulders would be to underestimate just how heavily this thing has weighed upon me for the past year. To say that I'll have my damn Master's Thesis defended by this time next week would be an accurate and joyful statement.

Anyway, that being said, it's time for some sleep. I've been suffering from nasty insomnia all week because of that damned Thesis. It'll be nice to drift off for once knowing that the light at the end of the tunnel is daylight, not an oncoming train.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Matchbox"

No comments: