Thursday, December 09, 2004

"And History Reeks Of The Wrongs We Have Done"

Man, less than 24 hours. Getting down to that ol' zero hour thingie when I defend the Thesis. I'm not nervous yet, but something tells me I ought to be. I dunno.

Hung out with Jess and Dom this evening. We watched Princess Mononoke, a fine piece of animation by good ol' Miyazaki. Damn but that man can make a hell of a movie. Just the way hsi team animates organic motion and the minor details of physical mannerisms and stuff...it's breathtaking. Sometimes I watch his movies just to watch the motion and the animation, just to see the way characters and objects move.

To be perfectly honest, I wish it were Friday evening already. I'd be paid, I'd be hanging out with my aunt and uncle at the CD release, and all would be groovy. But no, it's only Wednesday night...which is good, in a way. I still need to do some final preparation for the defense, and I really need to work on that Medieval Italy paper. Ugh.

I've been alternately listening to Sting, Jack Johnson, and David Gray all week. It's like each one's had his own day so far (Sting on Monday, Jack Johnson on Tuesday, and David Gray today). Good times, good tunes. Good God, I need help.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: David Gray, "Debauchery"

No comments: