Tuesday, December 07, 2004

"She Looks More Like Me Than I Do"

Getting the Master's Thesis ready to defend has been an exercise in seeing how many hoops the university can get me to jump through.

I took it in to the Graduate College again today during my break, having redone the format and added the various pages they needed. To my chagrin, they told me my left margin was wrong (it needs to be 1 1/2 inches, not 1, though the rest are all supposed to be 1". I guess this is for binding purposes, but I'm annoyed by it nonetheless), and that I needed to print it on different paper. Apparently regular paper isn't good enough--no, they want 100% cotton bond, which costs something like $9 for 100 pages. So I ended up spending around $25 (they had cheaper packages of 80 sheets each...since I only needed so much, I figured I'd try to save myself at least a couple of dollars) for paper, because they told me I needed something like 5 or 6 copies of the damn thing! To say that I'm annoyed would be an understatement.

Anyway, all of that has been taken care of. I'm ready to defend it now. I've got all my paperwork done, which is a small blessing and a minor miracle.

To be fully honest, I'm ready to talk about something else at this point in the game. Someone suggested I talk about my romantic life, which I will now proceed to do.

...

...

Yeah, that was fulfilling, wasn't it?

~chuck

Song of the Moment: David Gray, "Gutter Full of Rain"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

You could always talk about kittens and such...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Chuck! Russian mail order brides for a reason!

Noise Monkey said...

Yah...that's what Chuck needs. A woman who's more of a man than he is...