Wednesday, August 10, 2005

"You Get What You Give"

Yesterday was all sorts productive. Wen, Tim, and I went to Wendy's classroom for more painting and moving excitement. Her room's almost ready for school, we think. We also had Panera for lunch, and that place kicks ass. Good food, good times.

I also got two (2) calls yesterday morning from potential employers. One was a tutoring place over in Vienna, the next town over, and the other was the Huntington Learning Center just around the corner from our apartment (like less than five minutes' drive from here. That's damn-near right next door in this town). I went to Huntington yesterday afternoon and filled out an application, and supposedly the woman who does the hiring and interviewing was going to call me today to set up an interview if they liked my stuff (and how could they not, given my background?). I have an interview with the place in Vienna Friday morning, which means I can't sleep until noon again.

Other than that, things have been going about the same around here. Tim's had at least one job offer, so the chances of everyone in the apartment being gainfully employed by the end of the week are actually quite good...which is nice, since Wen and Tim leave for Oklahoma Sunday afternoon. It'd be good for him to have a job to come home to, and it'd be good if I had some sort of work while they were away.

Tomorrow, Wen and I are going down to Fredricksburg for the day to visit a couple of friends. I think I've heard something about "shopping," which is a dangerous word to my masculinity, but it's suffered through worse.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: New Radicals, "Crying Like a Church on Monday"

6 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Indeed it has. At the hands of shopping, too! You may never recover from the wedding dress shopping fiasco with Heather...

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeah, that was probably the low point as far as my manliness is concerned. At least she never asked James or I, "Does this dress make me look fat?" I'd have had to shoot myself.

Anonymous said...

You went wedding dress shopping with Heather?! Haha. I did too at one point.

Mel

Noise Monkey said...

But you're not a man.


And Chuck's questionable...:D

Chuck Cottrell said...

Hey Monkey, at least my bathroom isn't done up in floral prints and the like.

Anonymous said...

True, I am not a man and for that I count my blessings. ;)


Ooohhh, Chuck, you brought out the big guns!


Mel