Monday, August 29, 2005

"They Took A Clean-Cut Kid"

Got two more kids to tutor this morning. A pair of brothers. I've got all (three now) of my first appointments set up for next Wednesday, the day after classes start. All three are needing the same thing: educational coaching, or organizational and study skills help. The more I think about it, the more I realize taking that one little boring workshop a couple of weeks ago was a brilliant idea that made me much more marketable.

I wanted to do laundry today, but Wen still has stuff in the washer and the dryer, so that's right out. I've still got plenty of clothes I can wear, but my laundry basket has reached that overflow point. Wee.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Trust Yourself"

5 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Use the floor, man! That's why it's there!

This strategy is also applicable in situations where all the stalls in the restroom are occupied.

Anonymous said...

I hate it when people put their stuff in the washer and dryer and just leave it there.

Are you not allowed to touch her laundry? You should have been brave and switched everything out so you could do your own stuff.

Mel

Chuck Cottrell said...

Well, a lot of what was in both loads was unmentionables, and I didn't think she'd appreciate me just piling her undergarments on her bed or something...besides, the cats would probably have gotten in them. Besides, it's not like laundry was a desperate need or anything. I've still got a few more days in my wardrobe, easy.

Noise Monkey said...

That means its time to break out Barry Switzer!

Chuck Cottrell said...

The irony is that I'm wearing the Sting shirt today. Weird.