Friday, August 05, 2005

"The Rain's Been Comin' Down"

So it's currently pouring down rain in beautiful Fairfax, VA. We (Wen, Tim, and I) walked to Wegman's (the alpha and omega of grocery stores, which I've mentioned before) to grab a few necessary items (milk, cereal, ice cream) and got back to the apartment only a few minutes before the sky opened up.

Spent the day helping Wendy with stuff in her classroom--painting, moving things, stuff of that nature. Her classroom is really shaping up, and should be in fine form by the time school starts. She had an old amp that some student of hers had given her last year, and she gave it to me (saying "I don't have any use for it, I don't even know if it works"). So I now have an amp, which works just fine and has all the cables and everything. It looks like it might even be possible to have the guitar and a microphone plugged in at the same time, which would be great--I could be a little one-man band, do coffeehouse shows, whatever.

Anyway, Michelle and Cris are coming over tomorrow to hang out and such. I have to get up at a decent time tomorrow to clean before they arrive, then we just jive and rock and whatnot for as long as we damn-well please. I'm really looking forward to it.

Still no solid word on the job front, which is starting to frustrate me. Wen sent me a link to Prince William County Schools (the county right next to us away from DC, which is always a plus), and they've got something like 5 social studies positions open, but the link to their online application doesn't work. I think I'm going to just call them on Monday, maybe go down there in person and submit my stuff.

Well, I'm off. I want to turn off the computer so it doesn't get zapped if the power goes out (apparently that happens a lot in this area).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Sting, "They Dance Alone (Cueca Solo)"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the link she gave you? https://jobs.pwcs.edu/appentry/ Sorry if it's butting in. :)

Mel

Chuck Cottrell said...

yeah, that'd be the one.