Sunday, August 21, 2005

"The Streets Of Baltimore"

Michelle and Cris came over last night to hang out. We went to this restaraunt called Chipotle, and I swear those were the biggest burritos known to man. It was the size of a small child. Even I couldn't finish mine. But it wasn't a real Mexican restaraunt in the way I'm used to. It was nicer than a fast food Mexican joint, but not exactly a sit-down place like Tarahumara's. You select your item--burrito, taco (soft or crunchy), or one of a couple other items, then select the ingredients you want in it. Interesting, but I still miss Tarahumara's.

After dinner, we came back and watched The Fisher King. Excellent flick. I'd actually never seen it before (yeah, I know, I'm woefully lacking when it comes to movies). Terry Gilliam owns my soul, though.

Wendy and Tim come home tomorrow evening, so my time alone in the apartment is reaching its end. I probably ought to do laundry and the dishes today sometime. I assume they were able to get all the stuff from my folks that I needed. That means I'll have more books tomorrow.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Gram Parsons, "Sin City"

4 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Oh man! Chipotle ROCKS! They had several in Denver when I lived there. There's a similar type place in Springfield, MO, called Big Fat Burrito, but I've only been there once. Good stuff, though. Good stuff.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeah, the burrito was the size of one of our cats, and we've got big cats.

Damn tasty, though. All the stuff they pile into it. I'm definitely gonna eat there again...after I fast for a couple of weeks, 'cause geez.

Noise Monkey said...

One's colon isn't made to handle Chipotle everyday. That's scientific fact. They've done studies.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Everyday? Dear God, man, why in the world would I eat there everyday? I'm thinking like once every couple of months. Anymore than that, and I think I'd be dead. Dead by burrito. That's like Elvis-level embarrassing death.