Monday, August 22, 2005

"Got A Bomb In My Temple"

So the guy who did the Olympic Bombing in Atlanta back in 1996 was sentenced to life without parole, apparently. Finally. This sorta confused me at first, because I thought that whole thing had been taken care of ages ago. Guess not.

The most interesting part of the whole thing is where the guy's being sent to serve his sentence: the maximum security federal prison in Florence, Colorado, where--according to the article--you've also got the Unabomber, the shoe bomb guy, and Terry Nichols of the infamous OKC Federal Building bombing. Anyone else see a pattern here? I mean, putting that many guys who have a tendency to blow stuff up together in the same place...how is that prison still standing?

Wendy and Tim come home this evening. It'll be nice having people around again, though I should probably remember to put pants on before they arrive. Y'know, as a courtesy.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Uncle Tupelo, "Smoking Gun"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Sounds like the set up for The Usual Suspects....

Anonymous said...

My poor roommmate here in California . . . I keep forgetting to put pants on. One morning, when another friend came to pick me up, I had just stepped out of the shower and was so sleepy (it was 5:30 in the frickin' morning!) that I didn't realize I wasn't wearing anything. Only after he greeted me with a hug did he say, "You do realize you're naked, don't you?" Sigh.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Not a problem I've encountered yet, though I did have to answer the door last week in just a towel when the air conditioning guy came over to fix our AC. I think I may have scarred him for life.