Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"In My Room"

I meant to upload these about a week or two ago, when I took them, but I've been lazy and stuff. So, without further ado, I present to you an in-depth look at my inner sanctum.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's an entertainment corner--the guitar, some CDs and DVDs, and the TV and DVD/VCR. The door leads to my closet, which is actually the size of some dorm rooms.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bed, covered in the quilt my great-grandmother made. Also, the bookcase that serves as DVD container and nightstand (and cat playhouse, as far as those two are concerned).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Computer! Yeah, there's a lot of clutter there, but that's cleaner than it is now. The stack of books there on the end are my "required reading" from Wendy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The amp I salvaged from Wen's classroom. In perfect working order and stuff, though I'm not sure I'll ever need it (not like I'm gonna be playing any shows for more than a couple of friends or myself anytime soon).

So yeah, that's my room. It's rather nice, and after this weekend, I'll have my other nightstand and hopefully another little bookcase to put in the closet to hold the boxes of books still sitting in there (though you'll notice that my Terry Pratchett collection is on display above the bed).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Flaming Lips, "Five Stop Mother Superior Rain"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

It's like the Batcave without the bats.


..Or the cave.


...Or anything else that makes it the Batcave.

Ali said...

damn all this time I thought my room was small.... mine looks like a mansion in comparison to yours..... Thanks for the pick me up, Chuck! :)

Bob

Chuck Cottrell said...

Eh, the room's big enough for my needs. I knew when I moved up here that it wasn't the biggest room in the world, and packed accordingly.

Now, when we move sometime in the first half of next year, I'll probably end up with significantly more space than this--the talk is that we'll move into a townhouse and I'll have a whole level to myself. If we work it right, I'll have the basement, with my own bathroom and den area and all that, so it'd be like a separate apartment (only significantly cheaper still than living on my own).