Sunday, August 14, 2005

"Last Night I Live More Than 1,000 Lives/ Not One Of Them Survived"

So it's getting to the "sweltering" point in the apartment. I'm going to have to relocate the cats to their room and shut the door so I can open up the door to the hallway and let some cool air in. It'll probably be tomorrow at the earliest before they'll even send anyone out to look at the AC.

I'm also having some more doubts about the tutoring job in Vienna. I talked with dad, and the whole self-employed thing sounds iffy to him. Not to mention the fact that I'll be paying taxes out the ass. Apparently when you are someone's employee, they pay for half of your medicare/Social Security stuff, and you pay the other half (it's like 7.5%). So I'd be paying the full amount (like 15%) myself every year. So a $1000 paycheck would actually only be an $850 paycheck, I guess. Oh well--I'll decide after tomorrow's interview with Huntington. Besides, there are still plenty of tutoring jobs I haven't heard back from yet.

Found a wonderful new website today for guitar tabs. It's called Chordie, and the nice thing about it is that you can have it automatically change the key for you. So, say a song is in the key of A, for instance, but it contains chords you can't play. Well, you click a button, and it can change it to, say, G, where you probably do know all the chords. It's great. They also have a helluva nice selection, including a couple of songs I've been wanting to learn recently anyway. So yeah, nifty resource, really.

Well, back to fighting the heat. It's supposed to cool down tonight or early tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Wallflowers, "Nearly Beloved"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

In other news, the cats died of a heat stroke. Chuck then had a stroke of the more usual variety upon consideration of the possible repurcussions that would arise from killing his roommates' cats.