Saturday, August 13, 2005

"The Air Burns"

So we're without AC again. The folks below us came up earlier and said there was some sort of leak coming from one of their air conditioning vents, most likely as a result of something going wrong with our AC. So we've turned it off and called the folks who ought to be able to do something about it, though God knows when. All this on the eve of Wendy and Tim's trip to Oklahoma. Well, at least they'll be well out of it, and only I really have to deal with the annoyance of the lack of climate control.

I figured this was going to happen sooner or later. The guy who "fixed" our air conditioning on Monday really only did a temporary patch job, as it were, by rerouting a wire that was causing the AC not to work. I think it was probably some sort of safety cutoff switch to prevent things like leaks. Now we have to deal with the repurcussions of his lazy fix. Joy.

I've all but decided to take the tutoring job in Vienna. Twenty-eight bucks an hour is just too good to pass up. If I get that and a few hours at Huntington, I ought to be doing fairly well. Besides, I can always just quit if I get a full-time teaching job and decide I don't want to tutor.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: CCR, "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"

No comments: