Monday, August 08, 2005

"Cool Blue Reason"

I've been all sorts productive today. First off, I finally went ahead and shaved my face clean. No more chin fuzz...for the moment, anyway. My chin looks sorta funny without it now. Guess you get used to something after two years.

I've also applied to several more jobs, including some teaching jobs in Prince William County (the next county over) and a bunch of tutoring jobs all over the place. Since these tutoring jobs pay something like $25-50 an hour (depending on the job and your experience), I'd be sitting pretty if I worked even five a day five days a week. The fact that I'd most likely couple such a job with substitute teaching only makes it even better.

We finally got the air conditioning working this afternoon. Some guy came out and fiddled with something and bypassed something else, and we've got sweet, sweet climate control once more. Which is good, since it was really too hot last night to tolerate easily, and I wasn't looking forward to yet another night of being too damn hot.

Still waiting to hear back from all the places I've already applied to. Hopefully I'll hear something in the next few days. This sitting around with nothing to do is great and all, but money would be nice, too.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Muzzle of Bees"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Feh, climate control is for chumps.

Noise Monkey said...

Re: "Oh Sister..."
heh...the shoe is indeed on the other foot...