Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Just Shake Your Hips"

Today was a busy day for one in which I got nothing really accomplished. We all woke up late this morning and decided to go swimming (there's a pool in the complex). It wasn't too crowded yet, thankfully, so we had plenty of space to goof around and relax in. After the pool, we made a trip to Target (where I purchased some much-needed rechargable batteries for both the wireless mouse and the digital camera) and Best Buy (where I picked up the Robert Randolph album Live at Wetlands, even though I really don't have all that much money to just spend). We then proceeded to a Thai restaurant to celebrate Tim's birthday. I had some excellent curry (though Wen didn't care much for her salad--the chicken was apparently too spicy for her, and I will admit it was pretty spicy), and a splendid time was generally had by all. We returned to the apartment for some relaxation, and this evening went to the Sprint Store (so Wen and Tim could get new phones) and to the mall to get some Coldstone ice cream (I had this thing called a Mud Pie Mojo...dear God, it was like ice cream nirvana). The rest of the evening was spent sitting around relaxing, rubbing full and content bellies, and generally doing a whole lot of nothing (well, I did get tomorrow's comic drawn).

Of interest, though, was something I did to truly personalize my cellphone. See, it has these little inserts you can put in it to create backgrounds for the body of the phone. It comes with three or four pre-made ones and a handful of blank white inserts that you can draw or write on as you please. I took one of the blank inserts and did a drawing of the main cast of Crooked Halo. I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out, and it looks neat in the phone. I may try to take pictures of it to post later if anyone's interested.

Of final note is that Michelle and Cris are coming to visit this weekend. They're two girls I met here in Virginia through Wendy the first time I came to visit (way back in spring of 2000), and we've kept in touch on and off since then. It'll be neat to see them after five years, and nice to know there are even more people around here I already know. We're gonna watch some Ren & Stimpy, because we all agree that Ren & Stimpy is comedic genius...though speaking of comedic genius, Wen told me Tim has never seen anything done by Monty Python. This disturbed me greatly, and I plan to remedy that tomorrow night by showing him Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I mean, the guy must've led an even more sheltered life than I did if he doesn't know about Monty Python. It's not like he's lived under a rock or something, after all. Hell, I was in Oklahoma, and I knew about Monty Python.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Robert Randolph, "Shake Your Hips (Live)"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

BRING ON THE PHONE!