Friday, August 26, 2005

"She Says She Talks To Angels"

Things are looking okay on the job front. The job at Huntington--hereafter referred to as "Tutoring Job A"--proceeds well. I have to go in for a couple of hours at midday tomorrow, but hey, that's just more money in the bank as far as I'm concerned. The job in Vienna--hereafter "Tutoring Job B"--has finally contacted me about a few students, so I could start making money through them as soon as next week. This would be fantastic. These two jobs, coupled with substituting at the very least, would leave me in a decent spot financially.

Other things are going not-so-well. My family has reached some sort of madness threshold and crossed in, spiraling down into a seemingly never-ending game of make the other person have a nervous breakdown. I'm not sure who's winning said game, or if a winner can even be said to exist for something like this, but I do know that it's made it tougher for me to sleep at night. All I know is that the number of instances of me wanting to throttle a member of my family into unconsciousness has risen to about thrice daily.

We're sorely tempted to go see The Brothers Grimm this weekend, though Wendy is apprehensive to throw down $10 on a movie that hasn't been getting stellar reviews. I can't say I totally disagree with her, though I know that Terry Gilliam does the most be possibly can with whatever movie he's working on. We'll just have to see what is decided.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Black Crowes, "Hard to Handle"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Screw you and your "financial stability"!

Heh...I mean, that's cool. Good to have money. Bummer about the family, though. I say give in. No, wait...that'd involve driving. You could always mail them anthrax or something.

And the Black Crowes? Sweet.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Yeah, I picked up the Black Crowes greatest hits CD the other day and I've been listening to it quite a bit. Good old-fashioned classicist roots rock, the likes of which there's not enough of anymore if you ask me.