Thursday, August 26, 2004

"What Kind Of Weapons Have They Got?"

It's just freakin' hot out today. Ridiculously hot. Heat index of 107 hot. The actual temperature was only about 95, with around 45% humidity. Oddly enough, that didn't seem as bad to me as when it was only 80 early this morning, but the humidity was around 95%. I'm half tempted to go buy a parking permit, just so I don't have to suffer through the ridiculous heat, but a couple of things are stopping me: first, parking passes are like $170 this year. Second, we're supposed to get a cold front this weekend that drops the highs down into like the 70s. If that's the case, I'll be happy as a pig in slop, or some other rural metaphor.

I'm the only one at work tonight--the other guy didn't bother to show up at all (he was supposed to be in at 4.00, and still hasn't arrived), and the girl called earlier to say she was still at her other job and wasn't going to make it in tonight. Then again, it's not really a big deal, since I am literally the only one here--there are no student-athletes here tonight. There probably won't be, either--it's too early in the semester for them to really have all that much for us yet. That, and study hall hasn't opened up yet (it opens next week), so there isn't anyone up here for that, either. All in all, it means I'm getting paid to sit here and listen to the Flaming Lips, read Ursula K. Le Guin (The Other Wind, the last Earthsea book), and play Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on my Gameboy (best Zelda ever, y'know, and re-releasing it on GBA was a stroke of genius). And y'know, I'm down with that, really.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Flaming Lips, "The Gash"

No comments: