Monday, August 30, 2004

"Born To Be A God Among Salesmen"

Today was actually productive (frightening, I know): I went to class, had a bite of lunch, got my car serviced (oil, lube, & filter, and rotated and balanced the tires), and now I'm at work. Also ended up picking up an extra hour for my Tuesday shift to cover an employee who can't make her Tuesday night shift anymore (that extra hour will remain for the rest of the semester...unless our schedule changes again, which is always possible).

It's turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day today. Hard to believe it's still August (though not for long, thank God). I still find it hard to believe we haven't had a 100 degree day all summer. That's gotta be some kind of Oklahoma record.

In other news, Wen's birthday is today or tomorrow. I have a terrible time remembering which. I'd call her tonight and wish her a happy birthday just to be safe, but my cell phone decided to die on the way to work, so I guess I won't be doing that.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Soul Coughing, "Blue-Eyed Devil"

No comments: