Sunday, August 22, 2004

"In His Kitchen In Your Chair"

My parents brought my car back to me this afternoon. Dad even cleaned it up and out for me, which was exceptionally nice (it took him several hours, apparently...then he berated me for letting the car get so filthy). Mom also freaked out when she saw the condition my apartment was in and started cleaning. I keep wondering--she's not the one who has to live here, so what the hell does she care what it's like?

Ah well. I also got a new computer chair...well, it's not new, per se, but new to me. Actually, the chair itself is older than I am--it's the one from my father's office that used to belong to my great-grandfather. My one concern is that I haven't been able to find out if it's adjustable, because the thing sits up too high for my desk. My knees don't go under, and it's a bit of a stretch down to the keyboard from the armrests (which are padded and very comfy otherwise).

Had a meeting this afternoon for the school paper. My comics will apparently run on Tuesdays this semester. It also sounds like the new editor is a rather hands-on sorta guy, which means he wants more meetings and stuff. I don't want to attend meetings for the paper, though--I just want to do my comics and get a few extra readers. That's the only reason I'm doing these.

I have another meeting in an hour and a half for work. I don't look forward to this meeting; it's going to be ridiculously long. Like three hours. Three hours of my life, wasted. Gone. Never to be regained. Maybe I'll get some decent doodling done during those three hours. That'd be the only saving grace. I mean, I could be at the apartment instead, reading or doing tomorrow's comic or watching a movie or playing video games or anything except sitting and listening to the same stupid crap they make us listen to every semester. At least we get paid for it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Eric Clapton, "When You've Got a Good Friend"

No comments: