Tuesday, August 17, 2004

"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"

I have this interesting analysis of Dylan's '60s music and albums that I want to do, but I don't want to mess with typing it all out right now, so I'll save that for a later post. I want to do it right, so I guess I'll work on it over the next few days and then upload it to the blog. The short of the analysis was that I think Dylan made a conscious effort to punish his audience for having expectations and assumptions about his music. It's something that I think I can make a pretty good argument about, if I take the time to work on it.

Having an interesting discussion with one of the students about ethnic cultural differences in battles of wits and terminology. Very interesting discussion, and proof positive that different races aren't as different in a lot of respects as a lot of people think.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Isis (Live)"

No comments: