Friday, August 20, 2004

"And Gallantly Handed Her My Very Last Piece Of Gum"

Finally had a meeting with my advisor this morning. Looks like my Master's Thesis is shaping up nicely, he said, and that I shouldn't have any problems with getting it done by my projected deadline (end of September). Also figured out what classes I'm going to take (Monarchy & Mystique with Dr. Lewis, and Medieval Italy with Dr. Magnusson). So it was a very productive meeting, you could say.

I found this at a friend's Live Journal. I don't normally do these survey/fill-in-the-blank things, but this one's basically a soundtrack to your life sorta thing. I like that idea. You fill in the appropriate moment or situation with a song that you think fits you in that moment. Here's the soundtrack of my life...

Opening song: Soul Coughing, "The Idiot Kings"
Waking up: The Beatles, "Good Morning"
First date: The Beatles, "I Saw Her Standing There"
First kiss: XTC, "Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her, Kiss Her"
Falling in love: Dire Straits, "Romeo and Juliet"
Seeing an old love: David Gray, "Babylon"
Heartbreak: Wilco, "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart"
Driving fast: Wallflowers, "Angel On My Bike"
Getting ready to go out: Van Morrison, "Wild Night"
Partying with friends: Gorillaz, "Clint Eastwood"
Dancing at a club: Van Halen, "Dance The Night Away"
Flirting: Bob Dylan, "I Want You"
Feeling sexy: Pink Floyd, "The Great Gig in the Sky"
Walking alone in the rain: Jars of Clay, "Silence"
Missing someone: Carole King, "So Far Away"
Playing in the ocean: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "Walk On The Ocean"
Summer vacation: Mungo Jerry, "In the Summertime"
Fighting with someone: Cake, "Nugget"
Acting goofy with friends: Tom Lehrer, "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park"
Thinking back: The Beatles, "In My Life"
Feeling depressed: Sting, "Why Should I Cry For You?"
Christmas time: Tom Petty, "Christmas All Over"
Falling asleep: The Beatles, "Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End"
Closing song: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "All Things in Time"

Yeah, that'd be it. Enjoy.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Fourth Time Around"

No comments: