Tuesday, August 31, 2004

"Sugar-Free Jazz"

Looks like I'll be picking up yet more hours at work soon. Apparently one of our consultants found a job as a newspaper reporter in another town (Woodward, OK, for those of you familiar with your Oklahoma geography--up in the northwestern part of the state, not too far from the Panhandle) and thus won't be able to work her current 8-12 shift every day. So the schedule is going to be shuffled a bit, and other folks will end up in those shifts (probably not me, since that's when I have my class MWF).

Another interesting thing to note about work--password changes. They make us change our password regularly (about once every two months) for reasons I'm still not sure on. They also have it set up so that you can't use any of your previous 15 or 16 passwords. Since I started doing things on a computer that require a password (back senior year of high school, or 1997/98 for those of you keeping score at home), I've used maybe two different passwords for everything. I use one password for virtually everything I can, because I know my memory is bad and I also know it's not anything anyone is going to instantly think of when they think of me, 'cause it's not something that is really related to my life anymore.

Anyway, the connection here is I had to change my password the other day, and I finally got to reuse my first password, my normal password. I was kinda happy about that, in a way, 'cause it's like coming back to an old friend; but at the same time, it's probably not good that I've been around here long enough to do that. Ah well.

I haven't eaten all day. I'm starting to get sorta hungry, and I'm only halfway through my shift. Maybe Jess and Dom will want to eat at Tarahumara's tonight--I've been craving Mexican food the past few days.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: George Harrison, "Any Road"

No comments: