Sunday, August 08, 2004

"I Keep The Wolf From The Door"

Well, finally back in Norman, a good week and a half after I left. Apartment looks the same as I left it--dirty dishes in the sink, dust on the floors, stuff piled up everywhere. At least no cockroaches seem to have moved in during my absence, which is a blessing.

Mowed my parents' lawn in Shawnee this morning, which is something I haven't done in four or five years at least. Got it done just before the rain hit, too, so that was good.

I cannot find my damn checkbook. I'm pretty sure it ought to be here in the apartment, 'cause I thought I'd taken it out of my bag before I left for Arkansas a week and a half ago. But I cannot find it anywhere here. It's not in my bag, my car, or the apartment (at least, not anywhere I've looked thusfar). Couldn't find it at my parents' place, either, so I have no idea where my checkbook is. This is bad. I have to pay rent tomorrow and deposit my paycheck (should probably do those in reverse order, though, 'cause otherwise there's nowhere near enough money in the account to pay rent, and I really don't want to bounce a check). Needless to say, I'm a little perturbed about the missing checkbook.

On a more positive note, I got a phone message from Beth this afternoon, and she'll be back in Oklahoma Tuesday afternoon. I'm still not really sure when we're leaving or what route we're taking or anything like that, but I'm confident all the pieces will fall into place when they're supposed to.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: David Gray, "Kangaroo"

No comments: