Friday, August 27, 2004

"That Blue Jean Baby Queen"

This afternoon was the most frustratingly unintentionally non-productive afternoon I've had in a long, long time.

I went out this afternoon to run some necessary errands--get the tires on the car rotated and balanced, get the oil changed, etc. And the guy said there was going to be a two or three hour wait for that. I'm not that patient--I really don't want to sit in Wal-Mart for three hours, y'know? So I decided I'd come back Tuesday (when I don't have anything in the morning) and do it then.

So after that, I decided I'd go give donating plasma a shot, 'cause an extra $20 or $25 for giving up a pint or two of liquid is a pretty good deal. I figured it'd take an hour or so. I arrived there around 1.00. I left about 3.15, having not donated plasma and being nowhere near ready to, apparently. Turns out they need some sort of proof of residence/address thing...which is all well and good, except that I don't get any bills here (my bursar bill goes to my parents' place still, since that's my permanent address). They also apparently needed me to take a brief physical, but it was going to take a couple of hours before I'd even be up for that, and then I'd have to take another hour or so just to actually give the plasma. On top of all that, I apparently hadn't eaten recently enough (I think the last time I ate was around 10.00 this morning, and it wasn't anything substantial or healthy). Long story short, I didn't donate any plasma today, but I'm going to try to at some point next week.

Yeah. No productivity was achieved today. Perhaps I can still go running this afternoon, though I doubt I'll do very well since my legs hurt for reasons I don't fully understand.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Blind Willie McTell"

No comments: