Tuesday, August 31, 2004

"I Can Almost Smell Your TB Sheets"

It's only 10.45 in the evening, and I'm already dead tired. I can't explain it--I've only been awake for 12 hours, if that. There's no way I should be sleepy yet.

Got a call from my mom earlier this evening. Apparently Hastings had called her (there is no Hastings in Shawnee, though there is one here in Norman) saying something about us having an item out from them that was way overdue. She assumed I was the only one in the family with access to a Hastings (true enough), and wanted to call and check. I haven't checked anything out from Hastings (either here or anywhere) in a year or two, if then even. So I told her it wasn't me, which she accepted without question.

It struck me as kind of strange, though--even assuming I'd had something out from Hastings overdue, why would they call Shawnee? I'd have given my local phone number for anything related to Hastings here in Norman. I'd have given my Ozarks telephone number if it'd been the one in Russellville (the closest Hastings to Clarksville). Whenever we rented anything from Hastings up in Ponca City (where my grandparents live; we rent movies when we're up there occasionally), it would've been on my uncle's card (or on my grandfather's now), and thus their phone number would've been the one called. So why the hell did they call Shawnee?

We actually have a couple of decent cartoonists this year for the OU Daily. One guy in particular, Bryan Climer, is pretty talented, and has a webcomic to boot. I'm gonna read through it and see how it is. Might try joining forces with the guy and see if we can't wreck some havoc on an unsuspecting public.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Van Morrison, "Madam George"

No comments: