Monday, August 23, 2004

"Don't Forget The Flowers Sunday"

Sittin' at work. Pretty quiet up here tonight, but that's to be expected on the first day of classes. If we were already overwhelmed, there'd be something seriously wrong.

Chatted with Scott for a bit this afternoon. Seems he's finally got high speed internet in his dorm room. And it's free, too (well, aside from having to pay for the cable modem and router, which he gets to keep). He was reveling in the rapidity with which he was able to receive the files I sent him. He marveled at pages that loaded in less than five minutes. He was positively gleeful when he was able to download songs himself in a length of time best described as "brief." He was, to really put a phrase around it, happy as all hell that he had decent internet finally.

With one of the classes I was going to take falling through, my schedule is now more open. I went ahead and enrolled this afternoon, opting for more Thesis hours to make up the difference so I could still be full time. On the positive side, this means I have more free time during which to do things such as work on the Thesis, work on grad school applications, and work on papers for publication. On the negative side, this means I have more time to slack off and less structure to my week. How this will end up going is anyone's guess.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Shouldn't Be Ashamed"

No comments: