Monday, August 16, 2004

"It Was On The Longest Night"

Since Friday evening, I've been to Florida and back. About 17 1/2 hours each way. That's a long drive, especially since I did most of the driving each way (Beth drove for a total of about six hours on the way down to Florida, and Dom drove for three or four on the way back). I've been awake for 26 of the past 27 hours (I took a one hour nap 'round about 3.00 am this morning while Dom drove for me). On top of all that, I'm at work, I'm sore, and I haven't eaten anything truly substantial since 4.30 pm yesterday.

But we got Beth to Florida okay. We got back okay. No accidents, no real problems, nothing to truly prevent us from arriving at our destination and returning safe and sound.

But damn am I tired from it all.

Ping is up to something interesting. I'm curious to see what comics she reviews on the site, and I'll definitely be following the site with great interest. Besides, I enjoy reading comic reviews, and she might provide me with a few new reads.

I'm actually going to be picking up a few extra hours this week (like almost doubling my hours for the week). This is very, very good. I need more hours.

Also, my first comic of the school year for the OU Daily will be appearing this Friday. I've already got the comic figured out in my head; now I just need to draw it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Talking John Birch Paranoid Blues"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, your home safe! Was it a fun trip at least?

Melissa