Tuesday, August 10, 2004

"Take Me Back To South Tallahassee"

Beth will arrive this afternoon, which makes me rather happy. After spending nearly a year in her company on a near-constant basis, this past summer has felt rather empty. Granted, I probably shouldn't get too used to having her around again, since we're taking her to Florida to start grad school later this week. But it'll be good to hang out with her for a few days anyway.

The apartment's still a bit of a mess, so I'm going to try to pick things up a bit before I go pick her up at the airport. Poor girl has a connection through Chicago and Dallas, so God only knows when she'll actually show up in OKC. Time will tell, I guess.

In other news, I'm wearing pants, which probably comes as a surprise to many. In yet other news, I highly recommend the band Wilco for all your musical needs. Every album of theirs which I have heard is a wonderful conglomeration of American music, blending different styles and feelings seamlessly and with a deft brilliance. Go find some of their stuff right now. Do it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "I'm the Man Who Loves You"

No comments: