Friday, August 13, 2004

"Standing In The Alpha-Beta Parking Lot"

We're leaving in just a few hours...at least, I assume we are. I talked with Dom about an hour ago, and he said he'd be here in an hour...Beth left an hour and a half ago, saying she'd be gone for half an hour or an hour tops to get her car fixed...I've seen neither hide nor hair of either one since then.

Beth and I did beat Crystal Chronicles last night. Took us a few tries, though--the way the stage is designed, you really don't have much in the way of depth perception, and it's hard to see your character with all the dangerous magic the enemy is throwing at you constantly. Anyway, you defeat Raem, the devourer of memories, and then you end up back in your world, right when you left (you get transported to a different place for the final battle--prior to your transportation, you were in combat with the monster that creates all the miasma which is slowly destroying your world. Raem stops you from administering a killer blow that first time). Anyway, we pop back into reality, and see the enemy there before us. His lifebar starts filling back up, and Beth gets this sense of foreboding--we're gonna have to fight the parasite again. I run up and smack it with my weapon, and it dies. I look over at Beth and say, "wow, that was hard." Cue spiffy full-CGI animation ending thingie, cue credits and end music, and The End, Game Over, we've beaten it. Beth looks over at me and says, "That was rather anti-climactic." Yeah, but it was still pretty, and I have a sense of satisfaction at having beaten that game finally.

Well, barring violent, rain-soaked death by hurricane, I'll be back sometime Monday, I believe. Monday's comic is thankfully already uploaded--that's one less thing to have to worry about, at least.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Opening Theme to Crystal Chronicles

No comments: