Monday, March 07, 2005

"You Can't Hear Them On The Radio"

I'm really becoming fond of Wilco, not just because of their music, but because of their attitude towards their fans.

For instance, that EP I talked about last week, the one that's available to download for free from their website. They even provide you with three different hi-res covers you can print out and use for the EP if you want to burn it to a CD.

They also have a section on their website called "Roadcase," where they have a streaming concert available. Not just a couple of songs, but well over an hour's worth of music.

Then I popped A Ghost is Born into my CD-ROM drive. Some of the enhanced content on the CD includes access to another show they did in Chicago. The sound quality for both the show on the website and the one through the CD are excellent, especially for streamed music.

Now, there's also supposed to be five songs available for download by dropping Ghost into your CD-ROM drive today. So far, I've seen no sign of them, but it could be that they just forgot to do it today. There are delays, stuff happens. No worries.

Anyway, I'm currently listening to the enhanced concert content from the Ghost CD. I figure I'll give finding the new songs another shot tomorrow afternoon or something. Like I said, no worries.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Company in my Back (Live)"

No comments: