Friday, March 25, 2005

"I'm Bending To The Task"

Well, my work schedule's been altered again. My boss is attempting to accomodate two coworkers who can't seem to get along anymore, so the two or three nights they worked together had to be adjusted so they weren't working together anymore.

On the downside, it annoys me that two of my friends couldn't reconcile, and now I have to deal with the possibility of getting inadvertantly caught between them. It also makes it a little tougher on the rest of us, having to have our schedules shuffled because of their spat.

On the upside, I only have to make it in to work at 8.00 am on one day, Wednesday, and the awful Wednesday schedule I had (8-1 and 3-6) has been replaced with the much more managable 8-1 and 6-10, not only giving me a longer break between shifts but an extra hour of work. It doesn't look like I lost any hours this time, so I'm doing pretty well with 37 hours per week. Add in the two or three hours of tutoring I do a week, and I'm sittin' pretty, as they say.

Did you know that they apparently consider Nirvana "classic rock" in some areas now? Forgive me, but music that's not even two decades old is not yet "classic." When they've had the staying power of the Beatles or the Stones or Dylan, then come back and we'll talk about classic rock status.

And for the record, no, the above mentioned bands are not "oldies." Not by a long shot.

Ev and the gang are coming over this afternoon. In about 2 1/2 hours, actually. I should probably clean up the apartment and myself before then. Off for adventures in housework!

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "And Your Bird Can Sing"

No comments: