Thursday, March 10, 2005

"And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting"

A couple of my friends at work are fighting over some stupid something that happened at work tonight (Wednesday). I don't even know what it was, since I wasn't there when it went down.

But one of them called me on the phone about it.

The other sent me an email about it.

The two stories only slightly mesh. We're talking about some very subjective views of the same event, enough to give even a world-class historian a headache.

But yeah, I wasn't even there, and somehow I'm dragged into the fucking middle of it, as per usual. They're adults, and yet they're acting like two fucking children. I don't want to have to mediate this time, I really don't. I'd much rather they behave like mature individuals and work it out. But apparently that won't happen.

Why do I always end up in the middle of other people's arguments? Is it because someone or something out there thinks I don't have enough arguments and disagreements of my own, so I need to borrow from other people?

Ugh. I'm just ready for it to be next Wednesday night. Then I can see the Wallflowers, go home, and just shut out the world for a few days as I hang with the family and get pampered for my birthday.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "We Can Work It Out" (because I have a wicked, snarky sense of humor, dammit)

No comments: